Because AYSO EXTRA™ is AYSO.
We understand that you may have a choice of soccer programs for your child. So, why choose AYSOEXTRA
™? AYSO EXTRA
™ was developed to create more competitive soccer experiences without losing sight of what makes AYSO unique.
First, AYSO EXTRA
™ is governed by the Six Philosophies that set AYSO apart from other youth soccer organizations:
- Everyone Plays - Our goal is for kids to play soccer - so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least a half of every game.
- Balanced Teams - Each year we form teams as evenly balanced as possible - because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
- Open Registration - Our program is open to all children. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing. Players not selected for EXTRA™ teams are guaranteed placement on a team in AYSO’s standard primary program.
- Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment and learning by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and every AYSO program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in all participants.
- Player Development - We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.
Second, AYSO EXTRA
™ is run and operated locally, by the same neighbors who run and operate all of AYSO’s programs, and is supported by an extraordinary national organization.
Third, AYSO EXTRA
™ coaches are trained under AYSO’s coaching program, the only youth soccer coaching program accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education
Fourth, AYSO EXTRA
™ is more challenging quality soccer at a less challenging cost
than similar programs.
Finally, AYSO EXTRA
™ is designed to be FUN. A higher level of competition should never prevent players from enjoying themselves – the AYSO Way.
What are some of the experts saying about EXTRA™?
“The best teacher of the game of soccer is the game itself; guaranteed playing time is what makes AYSO EXTRA such a great program for young soccer players.”
– Tim Ward – Head Coach, Pepperdine University Women’s Soccer Team
“AYSO EXTRA values positive coaching as a way to help players build their confidence and improve their soccer skills.”
Ian Feuer – Goalkeeper Coach – LA Galaxy, former goalkeeper for West Ham United, New England Revolution, U.S. Men’s National Team and the U.S. Olympic Team.
So, when deciding between AYSO EXTRA
™ and other programs, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my child guaranteed to play at least one-half of every game?
- Do the coaches utilize positive coaching techniques and emphasize good sportsmanship?
- Are the coaches trained under an accredited curriculum?
- Is the focus on keeping the fun in the game while competing hard?
- Are the people running the program local volunteers?
- Am I getting good value for my registration dollar?
When you answer the questions, and take into consideration all of the things that make AYSO special, we believe that you will find that AYSO EXTRA
™ is the right choice for you and your child.